View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Default Re: [DF, houserules] Suggestions for designing a variable race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
Off the top of my head…

Half-Elf [25]
A disadvantage that makes them more fragile than the other races.

Half-Dwarf [25]
Maybe they're near sighted?

Half-Halfling [25]
A disadvantaged that represents their need to eat more than the other races.
I wanted to keep the prices at 25 and was posting what I already had for comparison. A level of Increased Consumption could work for the half-halfling, but what would I add to bring them back up to 25? I've also been trying to think of another Perk to replace Honest Face; it seems like that trick would stop working if everyone knew it was part of how Halflings look to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
Half-Kemono [15]
Attributes: PR+1[5]
Advantages: Blunt Claws[3], Discriminatory Smell[5], Fur[1], and Sharp Teeth[1].
Features: Born Biter 1, Tail
Maybe an advantage the deals with using their tail as a weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
Or as a manipulating tool, for instance:

Extra Arm 1 (Extra-Flexible, +50%; No Physical Attack, -50%) [10]

A rather handy little advantage, and a much better deal than it may at first appear, even in combat.

This one I was looking for multiple possible lenses or a list of Advantages to offer players. I think I'll go with the approved traits list and add Crushing Striker, Tail and Prehensile Tail to the list alongside a few others like Peripheral Vision and Perfect Balance.

Now that I think of it, I should add Winged Flight and Strikers as possible Advantages for half-dragons at character generation.

A lot of my potential players are likely to want made-up hybrid beastmen. Some have even expressed interest in quadrupeds, but I'm relegating those templates to NPCs for my first campaign.

Last edited by simply Nathan; 06-15-2015 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Missed a quote box
simply Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote