View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 02:28 AM   #2
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [Basic/Powers]Low or No Signature And Visible

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
OK, Low or No Signature is B109 and Visible is P112. Both of these Modifiers effect whether or not your attack, power or other effect can be seen. The problem is what is and isn't effected. Low or No Signature says: 'An attack normally has a “signature”: a flash of light, a sound, etc.', so Innate Attack and probably Affliction and Binding as well, seems simple enough.
These are all pretty obvious. Visible is applied to abilities that have no notable signature like Mind Control, Clairsentience, Warp, etc. Low/No Signature an be applied to abilities that do have obvious signatures: Innate Attacks, Binding, Affliction, and so on. You can also apply "Low/No (Supernatural) Signature" for abilities that are part of powers which are harder to detect than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
Unfortunately since buying MH1 I've been a bit confused on that front, PK used Low or No Signature several times on DR, now this makes sense for the times that it's got the Force Field enhancement, but the other times?

Because DR is assumed to be obvious or visible in the first place - the second paragraph goes into examples. It's an implicit part of DR.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote