View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #27
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Empathy with low IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
That's a case of protesting too much, in this case doubling down when you have a strong suspicion that you are wrong. Someone who is really absolutely certain doesn't say that. They merely speak as though what they were saying is simply fact.
This isn't always the case.

Anecdotally: I have a fantastically poor memory for names. If I'm trying to remember a name and can't, then usually a letter pops into my head, and I'll be 100% certain that their name starts with, or has that letter in the first 2-3 letters.

I'm always 100% wrong. In fact, I'm always so wrong that the letter is usually not even in their name at all.

I used to cling to that letter and try everything to figure out a name from there. But I eventually realized "Hey, every time a letter pops in my head like this, it's completely wrong", so now, I immediately discard that letter and try names without said letter. Now, I usually figure out the forgotten name in a few minutes (instead of randomly several days later after I've given up trying) or I never remember it.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote