View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #10
Drakyrias

Default Re: Help creating an Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Perhaps immortals like those in Highlander should have some memory related advantage since they can remember things from very long ago well. The maximum memory capacity of the human brain also doesn't seem to be much of an issue for them (though I'm not sure how long it would take for that to matter).

Perhaps a version of Photographic Memory limited to only preserving memories at least a hundred years old (that way memory on human time scales would be the same) and perhaps also skill degradation if those rules are used.
I tend to make the distinction between good memory and advantage quality memory. Even for an immortal (which I never actually watched the series, though I have watched the movies, and these immortals are slight deviations from those since with these immortals Connor after killing the Kurgan could have actually ended up looking like him or ended up needing to use the Kurgan's sword instead of a katana). For me remembering the famous duel on Boston common Connor had or his time learning from the Mong illusionist, is different then being able to perfectly and always being able to perfectly recall what kind of wine was popular in 1463 and the name of your neighbors kids in 1003.

The big events stand out, the minor stuff fades away. But eidetic memory imprints everything according to the advantage.
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote