View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
Blind Mapmaker

Default Re: Generic 2-page landscape A4 Character Sheet (comments/crits appreciated)

Welcome to the forum, your secret decoder ring is in the mail.

I like your sheet and I applaud you for thinking outside of the portrait, so to speak. I think I might steal that idea for my own sheets. I use excel mainly for the functionality, so I am probably not going to use your sheet, but I would definitely consider it if I wasn't addicted to spreadsheets.

But for some constructive suggestions: Folks might appreciate a fillable sheet more than print to scribble on. It's got to get feedback for the plain sheet beforehand, though, because those Adobe boxes are fiddly things.

For me languages, CFs, advantages and skills are a bit too short, but I am probably guilty of skill bloat. I would however add a couple of lines from disads to advantages. The latter are more often heavily modified and it's often enough to have a dozen lines for the former.

On both pages your lower margin is quite low. Not sure whether all printers can deal with that.

The second page is mostly fine, though it looks a bit weird with the white space above the name. I can see why you don't want to repeat everything and why you don't want to extend the boxes upwards, but maybe you have another idea of what to do about that. The extra boxes are a nice touch. Weapons seem to be appropriate even for more action-oriented genres.

Generally, I like your use of layers to modify the look and feel. All in all, a fine sheet that only lacks in fillability (is that a word?).