View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Making Maps: Showing off and getting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Phil View Post
Surely there are more rail lines in these areas? I'll have to go look myself now.

Phil
And they should be updated now, with the railroads, some terrain touchup, and utah lake has two different road sizes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
Thermopylae, although landscape has changed in 2400 years.
and your wish has been granted: Thermopele

Thermopylae is a surprisingly simple map. Once again mountains feature prominently. Greece has a surprisingly large number of orchards. Much of the forested area is actually orchard, particuarly that not marked as mountain. The orchard area also tends to be on hills even some mountains, so I don't feel bad representing them as rough terrain. An additional piece of mountain trickiness is that the railroads both have several tunneled sections.

Thermopylae the village is on hex 1912, near the south extremity of the bay, and is so small it doesn't show up with any notable effect. The rubble represents open pit mines.

This map looks really good for the type of asymmetric match-ups ogre is famous for. The classic option, given the location, is to give a superior force a time limit to cross the mountains and access the roads going south.

Its got choke points, but I note that one single point won't hold everything. Unless you want to commit to open battle just south of lamia, the big town, but that's a different fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Durr View Post
Middle Earth
This is actually a really hard request, because the maps tend to be grandiose in size and I don't have all the tools for a real world location.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 02-13-2018 at 10:40 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote