View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 04:02 AM   #1
Thamior

Default Translating the concept of HP from D&D (and the like) to GURPS

Hello, guys and gals! :) I always had this problem of translating... let me call it "a progression of survivability alongside character advancement" from systems like D&D and many CRPGS (including even Fallout, which was prototypically based off GURPS in many ways, as you well know) to GURPS. At its core GURPS is very realistic and not quite "gamey" enough in this respect. You progress but stay more or less as "squishy" as you were when just starting out as an adventurer.
Yeah, I know that there are cinematic rule options in GURPS. Quite a few (maybe some I'm not aware of due to sheer volume of GURPS official material). Thing is I have trouble making them into a cohesive whole which would be satisfiable for me.
I suppose that many of you have concerned yourself with something similar and have your own solution to the problem. This can be a combination of existing rules, or your own or somebody else's house rules that you use. Best practices, so to speak. Maybe there are popular threads on this forum about this topic on the forum, which I missed.
Would be grateful for any and all your input and suggestions. Cheers! :)
Thamior is offline   Reply With Quote