View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #12
Michele

Default Re: GURPS WWII: Their Finest Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
She's interesting; are all the characters in this campaign people who have trouble fitting into conventional units?
Thanks, I'm glad you found her interesting. The player developed her quite quickly and became way more powerful in different ways, too.

As to their being misfits, either they had that kind of trouble, or they have found ways to make their weirdness difficult to notice.

Quote:
There is a historical unit that would make good use of her. The Fighter Interception Unit was the original British unit for radar control of night fighters. They were set up in June 1940 and pioneered ground-controlled interception as well as airborne radar. It was a very chancy business, and they didn't wave their egos. Someone who guesses well would be accepted for that.
That's the unit of the first character I posted upthread! Yes, an interesting outfit.
That said, Mary should do well in any Sector Station and even in Bentley Priory; they can make good use of her capabilities. But, first, they'd need to accept them, and that' s not really easy.
OTOH, the RAF's special unit has no problem with that... they know there's more than meets the eye.

I'll come back to spotting and aircraft identification later. Thanks for the feedback!