View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #33
Icelander

Default Re: [Horror/Monster Hunters] American Small Town Mystery

Any suggestions about a specific small town or village in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan?

Or either Montana or Minnesota, for that matter?

How about specific locations in Maine?

Whereever I set the game, the PCs will be FBI agents sent there to interview a few locals, as part of providing support for a nation-wide investigation spearheaded by the Behavioural Science Unit. There is a suspected serial killer in custody, but the evidence suggests that he may have had an accomplice(s) for some of his crimes. He's talking to investigators, but not being all that cooperative or helpful, in that he seems to take delight in spinning a ridiculous tissue of lies in response to questions.

The small town where the game is set will be the home town of the suspect. PCs will belong to the local field office and are just expected to conduct interviews with a few local people that the suspect in custody mentioned.

If I went with a friendly Southern small town where football is all-important, the suspect would be a former high-school quarterback of a team that won the state championship several years running, but who never amounted to much in college, falling into bad company and losing his scholarship after one of these scandals, sex, drugs and young athletes. If it's more norhterly, I suppose he'd be the son of a logging mill owner or other local industrialist, or the Sherrif, possibly. Promising, intelligent, handsome, charming, but dropped out of college for some reason and only surfaced as the suspect in a series of horrific slayings.

Last edited by Icelander; 03-14-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote