View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
Gef

Default Re: DF: Forgotten Realms Martial-Arts Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinX View Post
I noticed the style has a few Imbuements among the optional skills as well, which I'm definitely folding in to certain styles.
Yes, many of my styles have one to four imbuements. Most of the ones that have them, have them at each level. In other words, a novice probably has Imbuement 1 with One Skill Only, Ghostly Weapon*. Then he picks up Imbuement 2 with Two Skills Only, etc, as he develops. Many Imbuements are unique to one style, especially at level 3, for instance Scientific Swordsmanship is the only style in my campaign that gets Penetrating Strike without a restriction.

There just aren't enough level 2 imbuements, so I use limited versions of level 3, like Crippling Blow for Stunning only, Penetrating Strike which can at best shift the armor divisor one rung: trident to 1, bodkin to 3, most other weapons to 2.

GEF

*My campaign has a supernatural awareness skill, Per/VH, with prerequisites of either Blindfighting (for cinematic martial artists), or any supernatural advantage (for wizards and werewolves). It works like Detect (Supernatural) with some houserule modifiers (vampires detect other vampires readily, powerful high-point-value abilities can be more detectable). Supernatural Awareness helps you sense the kinds of things that you need Ghostly Weapon to hit.

Last edited by Gef; 07-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Gef is offline   Reply With Quote