Thread: Heretical RPM
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #8
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Heretical RPM [RPM]

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ladder View Post
I like the flexibility of RPM and that it is a magic system that's not just a menu to choose off of but more of a build the spell you want. I just don't see why you can't have flexible magic and be able to use it in GURPS's combat time scale.
RPM was built the way it was to stop someone from spending 30 minutes of real time every turn building a new spell.

My House Rule: Only Known Rituals can be cast via Ritual Adept. Ritualists get one Known Ritual per character point spent in a Path for free. They may also purchase the Perk: Known Ritual [Specific Ritual]. I didn't put any limits on this Perk.

You could also do something I was thinking about: give Ritual Adept (Time) a third and fourth level. Third drops the time element to 1 second for the first pass and makes taping one Energy source take no time if done in conjunction with a Gathering Energy roll, level 4 reduces all passes to 1 second and allows the Ritualist to tap one Energy Source without needing to Gather Energy*.

* I was still going to limit Ritualist to only one spell per turn without Altered Time Rate.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote