View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #19
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Facepalm On-Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Not assume that they are going to continue to do the same thing every turn because they aren't going to let you in their decision loop that easily?
On the other hand, does it make sense for them to go out of their way to be misleading on this? If the defender, like me, sees attacking missiles as a poor use of attack factors, would there be any point in spending attacks to try to convince the attacker otherwise? The deception will collapse the moment they start actually following their preferred strategy.

...I can actually see a logic to a defender who wants to eliminate the missiles as soon as possible in trying to convince the attacker otherwise - if the attacker follows my earlier proposal of conserving targeted missiles as ablative armor, the fastest way to remove the missiles would be to convince the attacker to expend them instead. And that deception only needs to stand up very briefly to achieve its aim.