View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #115
naloth

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Here is comic book WW on 1500. Not as much raw power as Superman but more training and skills.
The only thing I'd really worry about is that combat will be down to dirty tricks and critical failures. WW should have good defenses, but 15+ that can be further improved will mean she hardly ever fails anything.

Higher skill levels are probably justified if you want to keep the high defense values. WW should have enough skill to deceptive attack through similar defense values or multi-strike against lesser foes. After all, Superman effective has ATR/2 for 3 actions per turn after a similar level. WW's distinction needs to be that her attacks strike home with a wound multiplier.

I don't think you really need the supplemental DR on the bracelets and shield. IIRC, supers says just to buy the DB bonus as a power and take gadget limitations against it for a plot protected shield.

On a side note, I'm curious how yours would do vs mine in a straight up match. Both have a parry 15 (bracelets), both have ~18 skill, yours does a lot more damage, but injury would accumulate a bit slower since it's IT:DR/5 instead of IT:DR/2. My guess is that it would mostly be rolling - whichever got critical success or failure first.

Quote:
* Amazonian is similar to Divine (-10%)
Diana doesn't really lose her powers often (in contrast to Superman) and with her new improved origin could actually justify Cosmic of some level.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote