View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

"We're taking you to the East Medical Bay. No, its not a hill, its the Beagal.The ground curves because of gravity. Relax. We've got you. " She speaks with much less authority that the woman over the speaker system.

At the end of her trip, the halls get wider, and they began to make turns, though she only spots 1 real intersection, a T joint. There are more people, though it would be an exaggeration to say there were many more.

At the end, they suddenly turn left, and she's wheeled into a busy room. Where the halls have been black, mostly empty of people, and stubbornly devoid of features, this room bristles with people and equipment. 6 Mechanical arms with devices attached hang from the top. The panels in this room (covered in white stuff, not black) are mostly open, and they have all sorts of assorted small objects and narrow hoses. The room has 3 people in it, all looking fairly old but in good health. The youngest (if you can call him that) man wears an olive green jumpsuit much like hers, while the older man and woman wear red. The woman seems to be the oldest of the three, giving off a tiny old Asian grandmother vibe, but she moves with strength.

And its the little old woman who starts asking the questions. She introduces herself as "Dr. Kuse" <Ku-say>, and starts asking about "Olive"'s aches and pains, particularly about her head. She goes down a list of symptoms:
  • A Dull headache
  • Any pain around her head
  • Fatigue
  • Cravings for something
  • Dizziness and Nausea
  • De je vu
  • Odd dreams
  • Increased Focus
  • Uncontrollable spasms
"olive", of course, can't really report any of them.

Meanwhile, the man in olive start pushing buttons and administering tests. In as much as they can "Administer Tests". He informs her they will be taking her blood, and two of the arms swoop down from the ceiling. One has a needle, Another pulls out a piece of Velcro and starts wrapping her arm. The table she's on tilts and bends to become a highly inclined chair. Anther pair of arms with bulky equipment attached comes down and start circling around her, slowly lowering.

The man in red stares at the screens outputting data. Suddenly he says: "She doesn't have an ANI!" The others turn upon seeing this, and the two circling arms return to the level of her head.

Dr. Kuse asks "do you know what happened to your ANI?"

The man in olive comments "No trace of any scars. How on earth have you made it this far without an ANI?"

the man in red: "Ask her if she knows why. There may be a solid medical reason. Also, she isn't on the manifest, and all crew are accounted for. She's not supposed to be on the Beagle"

The room seems to be medical, and that's familiar to her. But some of the features strike her as off. Shouldn't there be a firmer leader among the three? And the arms moving by themselves are weird.

OCC: I'm giving as much flavor as I can while moving the plot forward to places she can make decisions. Let me know anything you need more detail on.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-24-2018 at 12:17 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote