View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #24
swordtart

Default Re: OR Reverse Trikes & OR Subs HC Questions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
I'll have a look tonight to see how an equivalent compact bears up.
Backbiter -- Compact, Extra-Heavy chassis, Off-Road suspension, Medium power plant, High-Torque Motors, 4 Off-Road Puncture-Resistant tires, Driver w/BA and PFE, Heavy Machine Gun Back, Smokescreen Back w/10 shots Hot Smoke, Heavy-Duty Shocks, Overdrive, Sloped Composite Metal/Plastic Armor: F0/30, L0/35, R0/35, B15/20, T0/10, U0/10, 2 5-pt Wheelguards Back, 2 5-pt Wheelhubs Front, Gear Allocation: [15 lbs.], Acceleration 5 (+5 w/HTMs), Top Speed 90 +20 w/Overdrive, HC 2, 4185 lbs., $13199
(using Combat Garage).

A little more expensive, but much more resilient to the rear aspect. It doesn't have CA as it doesn't really need it as you have to get through that metal tombstone first. The side armour is pared down as it won't be routinely exposing it. The sloping armour makes it harder to hit in compensation.

You need some links (I couldn't find how to add them) - but that is cost only. I left some weight spare as combat garage doesn't seem to include crew personal equipment in the weight.

I have the same weapon load out to minimise the differences, but personally I'd dump the SS and put in a paint sprayer instead. It has more ammo and can have a persistent effect even after you have driven out of it. The fact that it will dissipate after 2 seconds won't be relevant in a running fight.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote