Thread: Ideas for Yrth
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #117
LoneWolf23k

Default Re: Ideas for Yrth

One alternative "gods of Yrth" option I've considered, and that I've seen suggested elsewhere, is using the Archangels and Demon Princes of In Nomine on Yrth, via the newly opened Gateways basically opening it up.

Back on the old In Nomine mailing list, I remember someone, I think S. John Ross, creating snippets of stories tying various Fantasy Folk races to one Archangel patron; David creating the Dwarves, Marc creating the Goblins (by trading parts with other Archangels), Michael patronizing the Halflings (because he has plenty of soldiers, but needed quartermasters), and Ellylons being patronized/created by Laurence. Who are that small because, as the Ellylons like to brag, "he didn't want to give us TOO much of an advantage."

I guess I just want to preserve the pseudo-medieval feel of Yrth, and I feel like having the established Christian, Muslim and Jewish faiths get displaced by Pelor or Iomedae or Talos, just kinda feels out of place to me.

If other people are comfortable doing that in their games, that's fine. But I wouldn't do it in my own version of Yrth, that's all.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote