View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 02:35 AM   #209
coronatiger

Default Session 49 (2020-11-15)

Thoughts on April 6th

The tour has begun! We arrived in Glory Harbor early on the third, and found that all was ready. Varek had done a good job. The days in Glory Harbor were spent practicing with Ilzo, Jusiel and Kallan, and promoting the shows. The evenings were when we held our performances, and the nights were blessed with lovemaking.

After three days in town, we left on the fourth, heading north. It felt kind of strange to have everyone on horseback. Troupes travel by wagon, as a rule. We arrived at a large village in the evening and put on a show for them. Varek had already come and gone when we got there.

Thoughts on April 15th

We arrived in Unity today. That brought back memories. When Olivia and I first arrived at the New World, this was where our ship landed. And by coincidence, we met Varek Mountlake again. We spent the winter in Unity, making preparations, and when spring came, we began touring with Varek’s Wanderers.

Unlike then, my name was already known to the populace, so we got a warm welcome. Olivia disliked some of the calls I received while making my way into the city, and made me promise to stay close.

Thoughts on April 22nd

Two shows per night for a week was enough, and we sought greener pastures further on. Va’lyndra and Leopold arrived halfway through our stay here, and joined the show.

Thoughts on May 3rd

We arrived in St. Manus after stopping in six villages large enough to sustain a show.

Thoughts on May 17th

We departed from St. Manus yesterday morning, and arrived in Emperor City tonight, without stopping to put on a show in between. Leopold went to visit his guild and report; their headquarters are here.

Thoughts on June 1st

After two glorious weeks of performances, we left Emperor City behind.

Thoughts on June 15th

We took our time getting to St. Clair, with eight shows on the way.

Thoughts on June 22nd

We only spent one week in St. Clair, but it was an eventful one. Early in our stay, Olivia noticed Va’lyndra sneaking off with her Elendus statuette, and Ilzo following.

The next day, Olivia, Jusiel and Kallan located Winnie Wik, and reported that she seemed to be part of a gang, keeping watch on a street corner. Olivia brought me along to meet the former juggler, who startled when I said hi. She collected herself, and replied. I asked if she had retained her juggling skills. “Barely,” she replied. She did have some balls lying nearby, and demonstrated. Her skills had unfortunately deteriorated. Olivia whispered that she seemed sick, or perhaps influenced by “something or other” – drugs or alcohol probably. I asked Winnie if she was feeling all right, and she claimed to be fine. I told her if she wanted to take up juggling again, I’d love for her to look me up.

Finally, Va’lyndra started on one of her insomnia episodes. I couldn’t recall her having any difficulty sleeping since she and Leopold arrived in Unity, but unless we’re camping at the time, I seldom recognize when she has only a single night of disturbed rest. This episode has lasted two days already.

Thoughts on June 24th

Olivia hasn’t been feeling all that well these last few mornings, and today she told me the reason. She suspected that she was pregnant. Wow! That made me so happy! We always wanted to have a family together, and with my new-found superpowers, that was possible. Thank Sulla! We had decided to adopt, when we felt ready for it, but having a child of our own making was so much better! Olivia scolded herself for not recognizing the pregnancy sooner, when she started missing her periods, but in her mind, she had never been with a man. Only me. After raining a deluge of hugs and kisses on Olivia, I decided to listen to her belly, which had indeed started to swell. How could I have missed that, when I saw Olivia naked all the time? I heard a strong heartbeat, and declared it proudly, but Olivia assured me it was her own heart I had been listening to. The baby’s heart wouldn’t be discernible for months yet. Silly me!

Thoughts on June 25th

After prancing around proud as a peacock for a full day, I expected the others to pick up on Olivia’s pregnancy. We had decided to wait with the announcement. Our happiness was contagious, though, and Va’lyndra slept like a baby last night, for the first time in several days.

Thoughts on July 6th

We arrived in Vallaria, after eight shows on the road.

Thoughts on July 8th

While I was having my hand-shaking session, a middle-aged and weathered elf woman approached me. “Mattea Vishi? I’m looking for Va’lyndra.” I saw my friend nearby and went to tell her someone was asking for her. She must have made a good impression strutting around between acts in that nice dress of hers. I said I thought she preferred men, but Va’lyndra didn’t get the reference. She can be so clueless sometimes! I think it stems from not having developed a sense of humor. Or perhaps her mother dropped her on the head when she was a baby? Va’lyndra took the woman with her and left.

Thoughts on July 9th

Va’lyndra was unusually happy this morning. I suspected she had had a good night, but it turned out the woman had brought the Chaotic weapon we sought, and Va’lyndra had analyzed and purchased it. The weapon was a large knife, but not as long as Scorchmark, with a spell that sharpened it and another that made the weapon inflict Chaotic damage on non-Chaotic beings. The weapon was as fine as Lady Karita’s sword had been, and both weapon and sheath were gilded. The hilt held two purple gemstones as well.

Thoughts on July 10th

After congratulating Olivia with her birthday, thoroughly, I transformed into my male body and asked her to marry me. Olivia asked if I was joking. “Yes, I didn’t really think it through, I just thought it would be a nice gesture on your birthday,” I admitted. With all we had learned during our adventures, none of us really wanted anything to do with the Church anymore. An off-the-books wedding, on the other hand… We agreed to find somewhere nice after leaving Vallaria, where we could exchange vows in front of our friends and the Sulla statuette, and we could order a nice meal at the next village.

Thoughts on July 16th

We said goodbye to Vallaria and continued north. Varek told us he had checked in with his guild, and his family, for it was months since he was here last.

Thoughts on July 18th

We crossed the border into Virendia, leaving Kardia behind us. The weather was nice, and Olivia spotted a light patch of forest a few minutes west of the road, so I declared that we were going there. Our companions were puzzled, but broke into smiles and cheers when I explained that Olivia and I were getting married. I pulled out the Sulla statuette and settled it on the moss, before taking Olivia’s hands. “Olivia Wikt, I love you with all of my heart. You are my rock, steady and solid, the one I trust and rely on. I promise to protect and keep you, now and forever.” Olivia squeezed my hands gently in thanks. “Maystatea Viashniskaya, I love you more than anything in this world. Your love shines like the sun, and you care envelops me like soil nourishing a seed. In your presence, I can grow and blossom, become the woman I was meant to be. I will give comfort when you are sad, guidance when you are lost, and ‘food’ when you are Hungry. This I swear to you.” I blushed, and felt tears of happiness well up in my eyes, but Olivia startled; the statuette began to glow! I pulled her close and held her until the light subsided, a few seconds later. Then I gave her a thorough kiss, before everyone congratulated us. As planned, we ordered a fine meal, with cake and fancy wine, when we arrived at the next village. Olivia passed on the wine.

Thoughts on July 20th

Va’lyndra pointed at Olivia’s belly and exclaimed congratulations, thus revealing our little secret to everyone. This brought another round of well-wishing from our friends. Leopold was lost in though and missed the whole incident!

Thoughts on July 24th

I woke to find Olivia between my legs, love shining from her eyes. Happy birthday to me!

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote