View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #10
SolemnGolem

Default Re: Star Wars Rebellion (and addon Rise of the Empire)

I found a decent vendor on Etsy (boardgameboost) which sells acrylic protector stands for the character chips. Normally, for Rebellion and Arkham Horror (and a few other FFG games) you would need to mount the character's cardboard portrait on a plastic stand, which tends to cut up the base of the portrait. In Rebellion, sometimes leaders get affixed with "status rings" (such as Captured, Carbonite, etc.) around the base, which normally would require you to detach and reattach the portrait card with the base, thus increasing the wear and tear.

The BoardGameBoost custom stands fit around the cardboard portraits, and allow for easy attachment and detachment of the rings without damaging the portrait or the ring.

Coincidentally, these also allow for my own printed modded leader portraits. I've already placed print-out and cut-to-size leader portraits for Thrawn over Krennik, and Mara Jade over Krennik's Finest.

Thrawn is so powerful that I think I may need to rejig his availability in the game. I think it may need a bad condition precedent, such as any one of the following occurring:
  • Vader or the Emperor being eliminated due to the Rebel Advanced Tactic Card "Confrontation"
  • Vader or the Emperor being eliminated due to the Objective Card "Return of the Jedi"
  • "Death Star Plans" being successfully played to destroy the Death Star
  • "Heart of the Empire" being successfully played

After that happens, there could be some sort of mechanic with a chip (Krennik's "Secure the Plans" chip, which now has no leader to use it) to recruit Thrawn - potentially placing the chip in a Remote system and forcing the Imperials to assign a ground unit to explore it. The Imperials lose the ground unit that captures Thrawn, and they can then use him as a leader thereafter.
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote