Thread: THS 2120!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #59
Fred Brackin

Default Re: THS 2120!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Seems like a major disagreement about the world and people between the two of us. And one that can be read as an insinuation that an overwhelming majority of religious people are lying about themselves . . . which is . . . well it certainly looks nihilistic ?
I would say "unpleasantly cynical" or at least "tactically disadvantageous" and I don't say things like that to their faces both for reasons of politeness and personal safety.

As to rights to practice religion. did I say anything similar to "....and they have to be _stopped_!"? My disbelief in the primacy of ideas goes so far as to extend to not believing that other persons should be forced to adopt my ideas.

You, on the other hand might be an _idealist_ or a person who does believe in the primacy of ideas.

I hope that it does not offend you that I think that the number of persons like you to be a statistically insignificant group but I myself have been long accustomed to knowing that there are few people truly like me in the ways I consider important. I am not a member of large and powerful tribe. You do not need to fear the wrath of my tribe.

I'm going to stop now before I feel the urge to type "wrath" again. :)