View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #30
sparky00

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

Just remember - you asked for it ;-}

What I really need:
  • More time to play ogre
  • More opponents to play Ogre with (expand the base!)
  • A memorable streak of 6's to offset those inconvenient runs of 1's
  • More skills to paint my Ogre minis better & faster- it will be 2087 by the time I get them done, at current rates.

Things I'd like:

I'll definitely support all the items announced thus far, and am looking forward to Battlefields, Nightfall, Mk VI KS, etc. These represent a tremendous amount of play potential.

Miniatures: the plastic minis look just great, and are a fantastic value. Ultimately, i'd like to see ALL the past metal minis offered in plastic, or some other format (I want the laser tower, reinforced CP & jamscreen minis, OK). A line of additional structures would be really cool too. Even cardstock ones.

Maps: With ODE, O6E, all the overlays and the upcoming Battlefields, we have an extremely powerful & flexible map system, that I haven't even begun to fully utilize the potential of yet. OgreMap 2.0 expands that even further - I have a beautiful OgreMap Icepick map hanging on my wall that I haven't even had time to play on yet. That said, i love maps and cannot get enough of them. The mapboards from ODE & O6E are just wonderful to unfold & use. Their weight and quality give the game a an excellent feel. And they dont destroy entire armies with the tiniest breeze the way the original 1/2" paper maps did. Speaking of paper maps, I can't wait to see the Battle Box poster map. I have high hopes for it. If it plays well, it may be a possibility for some of the future maps I'd like to see - Icepick, Hong Kong, Big Lake, etc. I'll buy any of the thick, heavy mapboards you care to make.

I like the concept of the reskins ( working on a Hot Rod Mk V currently. Hope to be done next week). I hope they eventually materialize. I also like & use the stream overlays. I may be the only one...

Dice: I cannot get enough of the excellent, 19 mm Ogre dice. I'd definitely go for additional dice for different factions - B&W omega dice for Nightfall, colored dice for Nihon, VG, SoON, etc.

There have been a number of "unofficial" city scenarios using satellite maps, OgreMap, etc over the years. I've make 3 trips to Hong Kong in the past 10 months, and this, along with the "Battle Box" has me thinking. What about a "Bottle Box - Hong Kong" set? Map, Scenarios, counters/minis, dice- the works. It has potential - naval involvement, "Open City" damage limitations, multiple faction possibility (Nihon v. China, NAC marines & SoON heavy armor v. Nihon, MGEV bombardment of coastal defenses, factories, etc).

There were a surprising number of requests for Ogrethulhu during the last KS. I believe this could work with the Battle Box concept as well - map, scenarios, minis (Mk V, spawn & set 1 in custom colors) & dice. This would make the cool-but-not-terribly-useful ogrethulhu minis useful. Maybe a 1-time-only reissue of the metal mk V & spawn in the set, vs custom color set 1 minis.

The same "complete box" approach could be used for other theaters as well - Israel, Brazil, etc. It worked for that "Axles & Anchovies" game...

Ogre has a simple, stable & mature ruleset, with accessible, fast & fun gameplay. These are adaptable to a wide variety of scenarios & circumstances, using both Hex/ counter & miniature systems.

I'll support just about anything that comes out for Ogre, but we need to hit some "sweet spots" that will draw new players into the game. The worst thing about Ogre is that the base of players is too small. Its a great system and deserves a bigger base.

Last edited by sparky00; 06-14-2018 at 04:55 AM.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote