Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #197
tbeard1999

Default Re: New Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
Business Sense. I broadened the definition of Business Sense to include Bureaucracy.

Business Sense states: General knowledge of business.

That would be how to run a business or organization so that it makes a profit or doesn’t fail.
I gave some of the temples and governments that I created, a few characters that had Business Sense.
Those characters made sure the organization ran even if the Nobles were incompetent leaders. They knew how to keep the Bureaucracy going.
(Those in the government didn’t deal in selling things, so the swindles didn’t involve money. But Red Tape; bribes, nepotism and Old Boy network could be played.)

I did this expansion because I didn’t see anything similar in TFT.
The ability to effectively operate with and within a bureaucracy is very different from the ability to start and run a business. Although huge businesses like modern large public companies do require their leaders to be effective bureaucrats as well.

That said, it’s probably an acceptable abstraction. If my campaign featured bureaucracies that affected the campaigns a lot, I’d create a separate “Admin” talent, like Traveller has.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote