Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #177
JLV

Default Re: Memory cost of skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
I want to write up a Monk detective like Brother Cadfael. He started out as a successful noble military leader but grew sick at the violence and greed, and retired to become a Benedictine monk. With a surprisingly modern view of evidence and criminology, he solves murders. His talents include:

Sword, Fencing, Knife, Shield, Alertness, Priest, Theologian, Language Latin, Language French, Literacy, Gardener, Physicker, Master Physicker, Tracking, Naturalist, Woodsman, Detection of Lies, Scholar (Criminology, Healing/Poisoning Herbs), Chemist.

(I could give him more based on the novels. UC 1, Courtly Graces, & Diplomacy would likely fit.)

Playing a Monk/Detective like this would be fun. I can do it in Matt's TFT campaign, but it is not in the cards for new TFT.
Of course, Brother Cadfael is clearly NOT a starting character -- any more than Sherlock Holmes or Lord Darcy would be. If "memory slots" are still a thing, then no, you couldn't do this. But if we get rid of "memory slots" then you can be anything you want to be (and can get enough experience to become).
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote