View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #631
Prince Charon

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Try this idea, Richard III actually gets elected Holy Roman Emperor9he tried to get this in our history). This starts a long war in the German lands as the Habsburgs struggle to reclaim the throne. Deaths of key figures in the House of York place Richard on the English throne without any bloodshed on his part. The local year is 1486. Europe is divided into the Imperial alliance; England, France, the Papalcy, and the North German states, and the Austrian Alliance; Austria, Bavaria, Hungary, Naples, Spain, and most of the rest of Italy, with Venice Neutral but leaning toward the Imperials.

Centrum backs Richard on this Q6 world. Homeline is mainly working to blunt Centrum influence. The Cabal, whose main interests on this world are in India and Central Asia (but they show great interest in certain rural areas in Ireland), is acting against Centrum as well and is trying to build alliences with Homeline.

Are these alliences because of common goals? Does the Cabal simply need to keep Homeline and Centrum distracted? Why is the Cabal looking for the local equivents of the ancestors of H.P.Lovecraft?
Given that I've a copy of GURPS Horror open at the moment, that last one is very worrisome.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote