View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #25
Emerald Cat

Default Re: [Sorcery] Those Other Spells...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindis View Post
I can't see why Divine Curse would be something to go to here. I suppose you're trying to avoid listing custom switches, but I'm not sure punting to a disadvantage with no fixed writeup is necessarily any clearer.
My problem is that the intent of the spell is hard to deduce from the statistics as written. I'd call the Disadvantage "Illegible" or "Unreadable" to make it clear what the Affliction is supposed to do, and then add a note explaining what you did. See the spell Walk Through Earth (Sorcery p. 15) for an example of this. For your spell, I'd write up your inanimate object version as:

Affliction 1 (Disadvantage: Unreadable +15%; Costs Fatigue (1FP), -5%; Extended Duration, x10, +40%; Requires Gestures, -10%, Requires Incantation, -10%; Sorcery, -15%; Inanimate Objects Only +0%) [12]. Note: "Unreadable" is Cannot Speak (Written Communication Only, +0%) [-15].

I moved "Inanimate Objects Only" into the Affliction. It is plausible that a living being would have a "Cannot Write" Disadvantage. So it is not appropriate to put in the Disadvantage itself.
Emerald Cat is offline   Reply With Quote