View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #44
Bruno

Default Re: [DF] Solving for N

To do more than just bomb the thread with an "I disagree!" and then fly off into the sunset, I'm both kinds of player, which is why I can say with full confidence that you can't generalize about this :D

I've played the character that charged the dragon screaming war cries (and died horribly). I was mildly disappointed by dying, but not terribly surprised.

I'm currently playing a character that doesn't technically have cowardice, but has established a reputation for running shrieking from fights. In my defense, the running is to get enough space for his ranged attacks to be more sensibly used, and the shrieking is to alert the party[1].

With my other characters, who aren't quite so black-and-white about how fights should be handled, I can be stubbornly homicidal if the Bad Guys have captured the Helpless Villagers and are in the middle of sacrificing them to Complete Their Evil Plan. Failure is not an option, and the timeline is so short that retreat is failure, so it's win or die. But if we're just doing your traditional "roving band of adventurers is pillaging the unsuspecting goblinoids tunnels" thing, discretion can definitely be the better part of valour.

[1] (and for comedy value).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote