View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #29
Acolyte

Default Re: Are Calabim obvious?

Also remember that the odds of your Role covering Disturbance are related to that Role's level, and the higher the level, the less time you spend doing non-Role activities. A level 5 or 6 Role requires most of your day to be devoted to maintaining it, so you really pay as far as celestial usefulness goes for the chance to cover your Disturbance. In fact, your Superior might forbid you from working/paying your Role up to that height, because of this loss in effectiveness.

Also to clarify the above, a ditzy blonde Calabite would still create Disturbance whenever using her resonance to destroy things, but might get away with some clumsy, non-resonance forms of destruction (bumping into a maintenance worker standing at the edge of the sewer hole he just climbed out of...). And the aura of entropy would do absolutely terrible things to her wardrobe.

Also, banditangel you are spot on. Ofanim are much more combat deadly than Malakim mechanically, but demons fear Malakim much more. Malakim might be more implacable as far as hunting you down, but I'd still say Ofanim would be harder to escape. No one ever said rumor was accurate, especially in Hell.