View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #16
a humble lich

Default Re: Minor League Supers [Powers/Supers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
I don't think that's true, please could you provide examples?

Peter Petrelli, Claire Bennet, Hiro Nakamura, Nathan Petrelli and Sylar are all much higher than 250 points.
I wasn't thinking of Peter, Hiro, or Sylar. They are much higher than 250 points. Their powers change so much during the series that they are hard to pin down too.

Claire Bennet and Nathan Petrelli are probably a bit over 250 point but not much higher. Claire has something like Unkillable 2 and Instant Regeneration with (Super -10%, Hinderance: not when object in back of neck -15%) which is 150 points. As she is a high school student, she doesn't have a whole lot of other skills, so the range of 250 to 350 points isn't unreasonable. Id say Nathan has about 100 points in powers, but a lot of social advantages.

However those are some of the most powerful characters in the show. A lot of the other supers were much weaker. The Haitian (remove memories), Niki (split personality), Isaac Mendez (paint the future when high), Micah (control computers), D.L. Hawkins (phasing), and Matt Parkman (telepathy) i'd peg at about the 250 point level. Some of them (like Parkman) gain in power as the series progresses, but start off fairly weak. Also, many of the characters Sylar kills are fairly weak.

Now, it would be possible to rate characters in Heroes higher and give them a more cinematic tone, but that wasn't the feeling I got from the show. You had people with powers, but for most of them a couple guys with guns were a threat.

Edit: Now I want to go and watch more Heroes.
a humble lich is offline   Reply With Quote