View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
Celjabba

Default Re: Drinking During An RP Session

I am well know for spilling drink across the gametable, unfortunately... even if it was only once (or twice...)
but I imagine you were asking about alcoholic drinks, not a pitcher of grenadine syrup or a boiling kettle for tea. (we got lucky with that one, it could have been bad).

I remember only once having a player turn up drunk and disorderly and carrying a pack of cheap beer. He was made to leave immediately (That was at an event, not a regular table).
Another regular player used to be more or less constantly inebriated. He was still a very good player , exuberant and funny right to the point he would quietly fall asleep... That was 25 years ago, I would likely be less tolerant nowadays.

As GM, I have no objection to alcohol at the table in moderation. A beer or two, or sharing a bottle of wine is not uncommon. While I GM I will abstain or keep myself to one very small glass for tasting, but I trust my players to know their limits.

As a player, I will follow the GM/house rules, but if allowed I find that a drink or two help relaxing and enjoying the game.

A proper drink selection also set the mood. A fantasy game call for mead or dark beer, with bread, cheese and sausages; sake with shadowrun, while vampire ask for beer or a fine red wine, and Cthulhu goes well with hard liquor or , alternatively, tea in fine china.
Likewise breaking out the rhum for an "at sea" episode, ...
As with everything, moderation is the key. And dont drink and drive.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote