View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#42): Double-Jointed, Flexibility

I am making a change to the "Previous Editions" section because there was a related trait I really ought to have included: Extra Flexibility. This trait is also found on GURPS Supers (for Third Edition) page 75, and on Compendium I page 55, meaning it is a Racial and/or Super Advantage by default. This trait was designed to reflect arms that are extra flexible when compared to normal human limbs. The text emphasizes them being able to work together so long as they can reach each other, regardless of the character's position.

This was priced at 5 CP for a single limb (an elephant's trunk is given as an example) or 10 for entire creatures. GURPS Update explains that this has now become an Enhancement you may take when purchasing Extra Arms, or you may pay 5 CP per limb if you want to modify any of your default arms (p. B53).
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote