View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #15
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#42): Doesn't Sleep, Less Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I've never had taste or touch, and sometimes not even vision in my dreams. I have vague conceptual sound, sometimes smells, and usually blurry vision.
Lacking vision is weird, because it is not blackness, but a pure lack of visual component.
I experience all sense in my dreams, however not all of my dreams contain all sense. Sometimes food tastes how it should, often it just has some taste "close enough" for dream logic, sometimes it has no taste, and sometimes it has no taste and I notice it (one of the tells that I'm dreaming).

Getting more to what you said, Flyndaran, sometimes a sense is missing, or things behave in a wholly inappropriate manner. Sometimes dreams are sound/concept only, and I've even had dreams that seemed to just be text! I sometimes can read in my dreams, however either it involves the usual dream sleight of hand (I'm not reading, I just think I am and simply know what the dream intends the letters to say) or I can read something once but it will change if I go back to re-read it (again, a tell that I am dreaming). Sometimes I understand that I am reading something, and sometimes the dream just somehow proceeds as text. XD
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote