View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #8
Colarmel

Default Re: Monster Hunting After the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Do the vampires still maintain pre fall tech in anyway, and/or do they have vampiric mind control powers?

If so I think one question is how will your monster hunter team maintain a base of operations to work from in between "monster hunts" without it being uncovered and having to monster hunt on the run.

In some ways this could veer into a vampiric Reign of steel kind of setting
Base TL is whatever it is in AtE (I think 5), but the world fell apart at TL8^ with the ^ being whatever they used to trigger the darker world. So TL8 stuff exists and is probably used for construction of the camps and such. Vampires are of the MH variety and do have, IIRC, mind control powers, but they also can't enter private homes or holy ground.

Home base then would logically be some sort of remote cabin, difficult for collaborators to reach without knowing the way, hard for vamps to get to before the sun comes out (which I should be clear, still happens, just for a much shorter period of time) . And the Vamps once arriving, can't enter. although they've got ways of smoking people out presumably.

Now that said, there are other dangers away from the cities: Wereppacks have claimed swaths of the untamed wilderness, helpfully making it dangerous for vampires, but dangerous for people too.

Reign of Steel is probably a great idea to look at, it's different, but some significant overlap.
Colarmel is offline   Reply With Quote