View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Terrain modifiers for INF riding vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
IIRC, they do get the INF terrain defense modifier while riding vehicles, at least right now. I can't remember if there was a discussion about possibly changing it or not.

As to INF IN a vehicle, they should probably get nothing, as they cannot use the terrain to their advantage. INF inside a vehicle cannot fight, and therefore in my mind probably should have every disadvantage to defending as well (since part of the "defense" has always been active countermeasures, which aren't possible from inside the back of a truck). For realism, they probably shouldn't even get the advantage of grouping together for D2 (if there are 2 squads in the truck), but for gameplay purposes it's better to simplify things and let them..

A truck in town gets D1 because the terrain makes it harder to hit. But once you do it's pretty much toast no matter what. The INF inside the truck shouldn't be much harder to kill if you can toast the truck itself...
There's been lengthly discussions about it, in various places. My recollection of the current state of discussion is they get the bonus of the unit they are riding. I'll have to see if I can find they related threads, but I'm hoping this makes it into the errata/FAQ details.