View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
LynGrey

Default Re: [MA] Push and Push Kick differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post

Last question: Has anybody had any luck with a Push in actual play? My ST 12, Sumo at DX+1 guy failed to cause any knockback the times he tried...bad luck perhaps?

Welllll.. the biggest advantage of push kicks is.. IT DOESN'T USE HANDS!! Muwhahaha.. i know so obvious...but nobody has mentioned it yet.

Lets say you are using a LongSpear one handed and a shield, set at reach 3 and some guy steps into reach 1.. you are going to have to step back and reset the reach next turn and he can agian step up and attack you agian NEXT Round. But you can Push kick (which is reach 1, C vs PUSHING which is reach C) and push the guy with out dropping your weapon or anything. I usally "Mighty blows" the pushing for the extra damage.. +4 damage for knockback is handy.

I've used pushkicks twice for use in combat, off of brawling. I once used the above manuever i did a rapid strike and pushkicked to get the guy back off me and made him collide into his buddy and had him fall down, then i smashed him in the face with a Flail.

Second time.. i did a pushkick to shove a guy off a Castle wall.. and watched him break himself on the fall ;-)