View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
CombineGeneral

Default Re: The unofficial new units thread

IDF 2085
The open plains of the Negev, Sinai and Arabia provided perfect terrain for GEVs and the IDF invested heavily in them, fielding MBTs and MSL units based on GEV Technology

Maccabee HGEV
ATK: 4 RNG:2 Cost: 6
DEF: 2 MOV: 3/2

Israel's Mainline Tank, the Maccabee III served from 2070-2079, the Maccabee IV from 2079 until the end of the War. The Maccabee was the embodiment of the Israeli doctrine of celerity, fast moving forces able to shift from one threat to another quickly, against quantitatively superior but qualitatively inferior forces; able to achieve local concentrations of overwhelming firepower.

Modeling Note: I use Fortress Figures Heavy Hover Tank to represent this unit

Barak (Thunder) MSL
ATK: 4 RNG: 3 Cost: 6
DEF: 2 MOV: 2/1

A companion to the Maccabee, the Barak was typically used for anti-cybertank, anti-missile and counter-battery duties with armies on the offensive. Israel's extensive and alert laser network rendered the Israeli heartland largely immune to the Arab's Shahid V cruise missiles.

Modeling Notes: I made several conversions based on Fortress Figures Heavy Hover Tank mated with the missile turrent from the Old Style GW Epic Whirlwind model

Some standard Combine Units were license built by the Israeli AutoFacs at Dimona and Kirat Katif just been given Hebrew names to make the IDF. Except where noted, Combine miniatures represent these units

Peel (Elephant) GEV-PC
Ariyeh (Lion) HVY
Seegreem (Tiger) SHVY
Gamel (Camel) Hovertruck
Chamor (Donkey) Cargo Truck
Sho'al (Fox) LT
Akaveesh (Spider) HWZ
Akrav (Scorpion) MHWZ
Devora (Bee) LAD
Baz (Falcon) GEV - Represented by Fortress Figures Lt. Hover Tank
Ays (Eagle) LGEV

Golem Cybertank

Israel began development of her own cybertank in 2069, shortly after the first Combine Mk. 1’s were deployed against the Quebecois rebels in the Battle of Montreal. As early as 2076, Israel had fielded copies of the Mk 1. (called the Dibbuk by Israeli cyberneticists) , it wasn’t until 2084 that a 100% domestic design cybertank was deployed by the IDF. Unlike the PanEuropeans and Combine, Israel never pursued AI for her cybertanks. As a result, very few Golems ever underwent the Descartes Revolution and no intentionally self-aware Golems were ever built. No Golem is ever known to have gone rogue and at the time of the collapse, Israel’s entire arsenal of cybertanks remained under the control of the government in Jerusalem, a fact which rendered Israel well-nigh invincible against the factory states that came to dominate the former Arab League.

3 Missile Racks (Defense 4)
O O O

9 Missiles (Attack 6, Range 5)
O O O O O O O O O

1 Main Battery (Attack 4, Range 3, Defense 4)
O

3 Secondary Battery (Attack 3, Range 2, Defense 3)
O O O

10 Antipersonnel (Attack 1, Range 1, Defense 1)
O O O O O O O O O O

45 Tread Units: Movement starts at 3
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
(Movement drops to 2)
(Movement drops to 1)
(Movement drops to 0)

Modeling Note: I began with the rear portion of a Mk IV, and the front portion of a Fencer mated to the treads from the Mk IV (a little plasti-card builds up the fencer body so it mates to the Mk IV back end. I added a third secondary to the turret (I drilled an additional hole to accomodate the new gun between the existing guns on the fencer A turret), a plastic bead and small hole in the front of the fencer body accomodates the main battery. Additional AP guns were fabbed out of turrets from the GW Cruiser Sprue for Battlefleet Gothic.

Dibbuk Cybertank (OGRE Mk.1)
Same stats as the Standard Mk. 1
CombineGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote