View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
gjc8

Default Re: Forgotten Realms War Campaign

Most humanoids will be simply fall into the appropriate classes of TL 3 (or 2 for eg, Mulhorand, and 4 for Lantan) troops.

As an example, drow will mostly be light infantry, with the hand-crossbows being equivalent of shortbows or similar, generally of high quality. Depending on how you play the sunlight vulnerability, Drow forced to fight in daylight may be reduced in quality, or simply unavailable (as if they were casualties). I'd probably treat the drow "magical" weapons as simply fine or very fine (same thing for, eg, mithril hall dwarves).

I believe 3e Mass Combat had a system for giving bonus TS to troops with higher ST, which you might be able to adapt for Ogres, etc.

Beholders, and other highly unusual beasts, are harder to figure out, and will depend on how you convert them to GURPS in the first place. Keeping in mind the significant philosophical differences between D&D and GURPS regarding magic and scaling, and the incredible diversity of powers a beholder has, I don't even know what a converted beholder would look like.
gjc8 is offline   Reply With Quote