View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
Methariel

Default Tweaking children's literature a little...

Hello everybody,

and Happy New Year to all of you. During the last three days, I was reading The Night of Wishes: Or the Satanarchaeolidealcohellish Notion Potion (German original title: Der satanarchäolügenialkohöllische Wunschpunsch) by Michael Ende to my daughters. Apart from it being fun for everybody - my wife, too - and me learning that speaking in the raven Jakob's voice often is straining my vocal cords, I realized the following:

The story very much can be read as the story of two servitors of Animals in their animal vessels trying to prevent two Sorcerers from creating a powerful potion/infernal relic. I'm just not sure if Cherub and Ofanite were the right Choirs... Maybe they're just relievers? That might explain their less-biased way of talking to Saint Sylvester, at least if he is serving Laurence, and not Yves.

I don't know if the book is that well-known outside of Germany, but it definitely is worth a read, especially if you have - or are connected to - children between ages 6 to 13.

Do you know any other children's literature, that can be read with an In Nomine-lens over it?

Yours,

M.