View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #27
Friendpmcii

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Please Explain:

• Why is this character low status?
  • Where is he from? Nation, region, and is he rural, urban, or suburban?
    He grew up in an area where the total population is about 100 people about 20 miles from any direction of Modena UT. USA. (excluding the few miles around Enterprise, which has a mountain dividing them.) Would desert count, or should I say Rural?
    The low status comes from living there as well as with his family of 6 who strugled the intire time of his growing up.
    The dad was a genus who could use low technology to develop things beyond his time. He taught Michael A few things (notice Progaming TL7, yet Math Computer Science TL9), but he was not good with people and ended up getting caught in the wrong company which continued to cheat him out of adequate pay. Although Michael knows how to use the government to adjust his living to Normal, he does not believe in legalized theft and try's to get by on his own (requesting survival on less/recycled/already used resources.)

• What age is he? Let's say 30.
  • Is networked a custom perk or do you have a page reference? I is under Social Engineering pg. 79. It gives +2 to find a specific social group/organization/comunity Organizations of research in this case. details on pg. 45-46] (I will likely use pg 25 a lot, on how to combine Body Language and Psychology.)
    As you may noticed, he has non of the normal social skills. Just social traits. This is due to a lack of having to deal with people on a one on one basis, and more as a hole. As well as lack of experience.
Notes:
  • LDS ordination is a perk, not full blown clerical investment. If he's got something heftier than that, let me know. No, perk works. In new testament times it wasn't common, even early LDS times so I figured it was clerical investment.
  • I'm a little wary of honesty at that level, rather than the standard -10. I don't know how well you know gurps, so do you want a law abider or a truth teller? its two different disadvantages.
    This is the most complicated part. He's a Law abider, but only a specific type of law. Known as natural rights, many skills relate to this such as; (History IQ/H (Beginning of Democratic republic/American History) [1]+, Theology IQ/H (Natural rights), Anthropology Iq/H), and Expert Skill IQ/H (Political Science). This is mostly due to his upbringing from his parents, and research done during Trumps running for office.
    In short the majority of the law (as it relates to history) is that for every right there is a responsibility, because no persons right should be violated. Per GURPS: America then would look like a CR1 government, maybe a stable/kind CR0 (but CR0 weapons didn't exist back then). Things like braking a speed-limit wouldn't be seen as wrong, unless it was reckless (because reckless driving infringes peoples right to safety.) and as people have the right to the truth then Law abider follows telling the truth as well, as long as it does not go against a different right.
    I don't know how to really explain it more, if you are strong religious person then odds are you have the same issue sometimes because things get complicated fast.
  • Breath Control's FP gain is cinematic. He can't buy it for that. He can buy it to increase the amount of time he can shout, hold his breath, and so forth. It was learned to help with singing, and then adapted to help pass running tests.

• Please combine all the LDS quirks and vows into a single code of honor. I like this idea. I think -10 looks right.

• The instrument is called the "Piano".
  • Weird Science is denied OK.
  • Fortune Telling and Dreaming look a little odd under religious observances. Please review exactly what skill Fortune Telling does. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to have the perk "Remembers dreams". If he has the dreaming skill it should certainly be mentioned in his background. It plays a big role in this game and I always triple check its appropriate. Perk "Remembers dreams" would likely work, though sometimes he is able to more affectively control his interaction with the dream (like where he goes, or flying), but not change the dream world itself (if that might be a specialty instead [self interaction]). Dreaming would of actually stayed at 8 if I didn't need to get 'Int' to make up costs (and can be adjusted down there if you would like.), due to how rare it happens. Dreaming skill is literally the controlling and remembering of dreams. According to the Dreaming skill, Fortune Telling (dreams) is to interpret those dreams for information.

However according to the skill of Fortune Telling it "is the art of interviewing someone in order to learn more about his lifestyle and personality." Which is useful for discreetly gathering information on you're subjects as well (for psychology), because people act differently when they know you are analyzing them.

The book of Nephi starts with a dream and the interpretation of it, and the old testament has many accounts that use dream. Even the new testament has an account where (I think it was) Paul dreams about being told to eat unclean meat 3 times and learns that he is supposed to allow non-Jews to be baptized into the church.

An off branch of the LDS church (basically a different church that splintered from the LDS one Vs Catholic) encouraged the practice. He did eventually joined the LDS church though. Well it may seam useful, It rarely is, because most things can be learned well awake and meditating on scripture (aka, paying attention to the spirit.)

• Please put all the perks in one place. I'll also arrange the skills by ABC's eventually, the segregation was just to give an idea of where each skill came from.

• With the military, Armory seems a little out of place, while hiking is notably missing. Let me know if that's intentional. Served as supply for the army, and was really good at the armory part. Hiking falls under Soldier, but only for the specific hiking equipment trained to the military. I will put the extra point from getting rid of Weird Science to add Hiking though since he does hike without the military telling him to. (Its a cheap way to enjoy your time, even more so in UT.)
  • Weird Science is denied. unless he's up on a bunch of theories, in which case its current affairs or hobby skill. No it's more like his ability to 'think out of the box', Current affairs only lightly interests him (see, thinks everyone is an idiot/lier under open minded) to see how the world is going to change. It would have stayed at 7 if it wasn't for needing to increase 'int'.
  • There are some weird skill spikes. Be sure you want theology, and skating at those levels: most of the time a level or two down will be fine for the purpose. If the extra amount for theology would count as Extra points, that would be grate. I can reduce/remove some of the more useless ones. (for insistence skating would go, completely.) I put so many points in skating because 11 is needed to be some what proficient in it, and having a useless skill at complete uselessness it not worth putting it on. Theology is a major part of his life, it affects how he feels about different type of economics systems, politics, attitude, and most of his disadvantages. It needs to stay high.
  • Please stick each theology on its own line. Ok. will do as I make it ABC like.
It will take a few moments to reorganize the skills to ABC's.

EDIT: Done, feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by Friendpmcii; 01-25-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote