View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #691
ThisisDog

Default Re: Member House Rules

I've been toying with ideas to streamline and simplify a massive Blender set, the type I hope to own someday, by consolidating different types of cards that you'd have in play, stopping the table being covered in unmanageable amounts of cards;

Races, Loyalties and Mojos are the same, and thus Half Breed, Double Agent, Double Mojo etc are the same too. I'd wondered about creating a 'Zombie' race card that is required to use a Mojo, but decided against it. Instead, the player becomes a Zombie if they play a Mojo.

Powers, Styles, Trainings, Factions, Birthrights and Accents are the same, and thus Bilingual and Double Life are the same too. I know the official rules state explicitly that Birthrights and Factions are different, but I can't see any reason why they can't be if I choose them to be.

Classes remain Classes alone, but Hipster is now a class.

Hirelings and all their many names are the same thing as usual, as are Steeds and Vehicles. Ships have their own category, instead of being items. The player may have one Hireling, one Steed and one Ship, but more with Cheat! of course.

Items and Origins are the same, and the player may have as many as they want.

Also, I've noticed a lot of the hate directed at Munchkin comes with the finality of it, and that once someone gets to level 9, the game just becomes all about preventing their win. So I've come up with Endless Munchkin, ignoring the epic rules, instead when a player reaches level 11, they become legendary. All Monsters fought thereon have double their total attack score (including bonuses), and the legendary Munchkin's fame allows them to hire an extra Hireling. At level 21, the enemies triple in power and 3 Hirelings can be equipped etc. The game just ends when people want it to.

Gonna trial these rules once I get some more core sets. If there's any reason why this won't work I'd love to hear it, as long as it's constructive.