View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #45
David Johnston2

Default Re: Centrum Light, Homeline Dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
They're enemies, because they each consider only their reality's citizens actual people. And they have the power to attack each other's home reality, something no other main organization/planet/etc. can.
No. They aren't. They're enemies because Centrum regards the chaotic multipolar structure of Homeline as a recipe for armageddon and the mere existence of any other reality traveling culture with weapons of mass destruction as a threat that Centrum will be destroyed. It doesn't matter whether they are "real people" or not. It matters whether the nukes are real. If I were a Centrum bigwig, then my suspicion would be that Homeline got reality travel just in time to avert their self destruction...as happened on so many Hellworlds, and what's keeping them from self-destructing is that reality travel made them aware of Centrum, giving them an outside threat to give them a bit of temporary unity. Once they destroy Centrum or are flung away from contact with a credible external threat, I expect them to turn on each other. As for inhabitants of the other realities the only thing that is wrong with them is that they haven't been raised in the perfect rationality of Centrum, but some day their descendants will be.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote