View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Icelander

Default Re: [High-Tech] Military Equipment: Global War on Terror edition

I confess that I'm really interested in stats for modern military weapons. Even those that are modified versions of previously published wespons require some research, in order to determine whether any of Acc, Range, Weight, ST, RoF or Cost should change.

I mean, I'm sure the differences of the M4A1 with the SOPMOD Block II from the Block I are really minimal and the 10.3-inch barrel version is functionally similar to other ultra-short barrel M16/M4 type weapons, but nevertheless, I don't know what the Weight and Cost should be or if RoF changes slightly.

You mention that marksman rifles seem to be Fine versions of M16/M4 type rifles, but which of them qualify for Fine (Accurate), which for Fine (Reliable) and which for both?

I'm also very interested in special-purpose varieties of weapons that are already statted, like the SCAR PDW or SCAR-P, the 20-inch barrel SR-25 rifles, SR-25K carbines with 16-inch and 14.5-inch barrels (SR-25 E2 Advanced Combat Carbine commercially, a military version is M110K2), SEAL Recce Rifle/'M4 Sniper' (especially whether 16-inch and 14.5-inch barrels should get different Acc), Mk12 SPR (16-inch and 18-inch versions) and an in-house modification to the M14 said to have been made by Delta armourers in 2002 (barrel chopped down to the gas block, wooden stock replaced with AK-style under-folder or side-folder stock, operator's choice).

I don't think I have stats for the SCAR Mk 20 SSR or the modular Mk21 sniper rifle bought by SOCOM.

Other interesting weapons that SMUs have allegedly looked at with interest include the AAC Honey Badger and MCX LVAW 'Black Mamba' in .300 AAC Blackout. Stats for those would be awesome to get, as I'm not entire sure about various judgement calls and breakpoints.

Aside from weapon accessories mentioned by name in Tactical Shooting and Pyramid #3/57, I don't know what exact stats to give many of the most common accessories. These include the Elcan Specter DR (does it get Collimating/Reflex bonus and magnification?), Insight MX3 weapon light, Insight SU-233 weapon light, Insight WMX200 weapon light and SureFire Scout lights.

I'm also not sure which models of real-world suppressors used by JSOC special mission units give -2 , which -3 and which, if any, give -4.