View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Wheeled through I suppose?
I'm missing a period there. The dirt is moved in buckets and baskets down the ladders into the carts. The carts are then wheeled through the passage to... somewhere.

Quote:
Any indication as to what they're doing with all this dirt? Dumping it on some poor sod on below the clouds maybe?
Well, the black rock is being collected in a pile. An effort is being made to sort it by size. Julian isn't sure if they're dumping it into the clouds or moving it elsewhere. They don't seem to want it much though. And its as much rock as dirt.

Quote:
Well either Kapatas is a title or these people are really efficient. I don't suppose I was given a container to help carry the rocks back with. I guess these are much larger rocks? Well I'll head into the tunnel and look for a rock to carry back.
Julian is moved up the tunnel, where men are passing the baskets and buckets back, and moving them forward as well. As he passes, the men are yelling something, repeating it. Then he's pushed into a tiny narrow tunnel on the side: too small for a man to be comfortable, but he fits.

He crawls on his hands and knees, and then sees a kid coming down the tunnel towards him backwards. The kid pushes a basket of earth behind him, and then turns and goes the other way.

Quote:
Well, I'll give it a closer look/feel. How is it shaped? Is it rough or smooth? Does light always project in the same direction or can I direct it like a flashlight? Is there any waste heat/sound etc.
The stone is shaped like a convex lens, and is just a smooth, but is about 2 inches across. The light comes from the surface of the stone, and can be turned like a flashlight. The surface feels cool to the touch, but the light itself feels warm, like sunlight on a summer day.

OCC: where is the panic attacks disadvantage from? what does it do?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote