View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 09:10 AM   #12
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You always have a choice.... regardless of how poor it
Well I suppose Julian has written off heading into the vegetation tunnel as worse (no outdoorsy skills), up seems dangerous for little gain, and down seems more so.
Quote:
The recruiter's name is "Kapatas". The stone is called "Vasic".

Its the raw rock, sharp and chipped.

Kapatas is wearing some around his neck, but this is a smooth polished disk, with a set of geometrically engraved markings. Its set in a fitting, not pierced.
I'd ask what it's for but if I can't get the concept of day done in a short time, then I probably won't get "what does Vasic do" either.

Quote:
The man makes a brief gesture of something between understanding and apology (a half bow with hands parting slightly), and seems to be satisfied.

He walks Julian down the hall a little more, and then opens a door. There is a mining operation of sorts. The door is on the other side of the hall from almost everything else, and immediately descends down into a large wooden chamber. A passage on the ground level is large enough for carts of earth standing around to be wheeled eight ladders lead up into holes in the cliff face. Men are passing buckets of earth slowly out of the holes.
Wheeled through I suppose?

Any indication as to what they're doing with all this dirt? Dumping it on some poor sod on below the clouds maybe?
Quote:
Julian is pointed to someone else named "Kapatas". A very short, very wide bald fellow with a huge beard, nose, and brow. They exchanged words breifly, and then the new kapatas gives instructions. Which seem to be go up a hole, take two lefts and one right, and bring back rock others chip away.
Well either Kapatas is a title or these people are really efficient. I don't suppose I was given a container to help carry the rocks back with. I guess these are much larger rocks? Well I'll head into the tunnel and look for a rock to carry back.

Quote:
He's then handed one of the glowing stones with the "divot" in it.
Well, I'll give it a closer look/feel. How is it shaped? Is it rough or smooth? Does light always project in the same direction or can I direct it like a flashlight? Is there any waste heat/sound etc.

Last edited by TGLS; 02-22-2022 at 02:26 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote