View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #15
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: Five New Practical Magic Spells

Good comments!

Designer's intent is that microorganisms exist whether they are understood or not, but the spell was probably the outcome of experiments in "making food better" rather than "encouraging tiny beasties" - it is not intended to cause disease. Certainly if I ever wanted to write Five Downright Evil Spells, PLAGUE would be a good one. I have drafted AMPUTATION but am not happy with it yet. But I digress.

I bet if there is not an ASSAY spell out there, the Dwarves are researching it right now.

It may be that professional calligraphers need an erasure spell more than anyone! Though . . . Fire is overt and can be hard to control. If you want to eliminate one piece of writing among hundreds, the spell would have its advantages.

I am willing to edit the base rules to say that a wizard can use all his summoned creature's senses - if I do that, what blows up in my face? Tentatively: Its other senses are also available, though the wizard will not understand everything that a rat smells or a bat hears!

Yes, Pathfinder uses IQ. Edited.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote