View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Sorenant

Default Are Imbuements expensive?

Compared to vanilla magic, Imbuements lasts only a single turn, is more difficult (Very Hard) and doesn't receive bonus from Imbue advantage like spells do from Magery. The FP cost seems to compound the issue, although it is minimal at 1 FP, it is per activation so if a character use it too much in a fight their FP will be quickly reduced to below 1/3. If they save their imbuements, they will be for most time an inferior version of the dedicated fighter.
I'm not saying imbuements are useless, they clearly are not. The strongest mundane fighter would not be able to compete with Ghostly Weapon and a mystic archer with Guided Shot is better at headshotting someone at extreme range compared to a skilled archer. What I'm arguing is that it seems somewhat expensive compared to spells. It's not the best example but it is easy to point that even with only IQ 10 35 points in Magery 3 allows purchasing most spells at [1]-11 while 40 points in Imbue 3 only grants imbuements at [1]-7.
Am I being too pessimistic and missing some important advantage? Do you have any houserule specific to imbuements, like allowing use of Sorcery Alternative Rituals rules to save the FP cost or granting skill bonus from Imbue advantage?
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote