View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: 10 Best Issues of Pyramid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Also, if "best" is about the quality of the issue as reading material – of special importance to collectors who have no gaming group, and to people buying Pyramid to use with systems other than GURPS – another key consideration is "Who are your favorite writers?" I'll leave it up to those writers to list their credits . . . or their favorite credits.
I won't list everything (true completeists can just search Warehouse 23 for my name), but to get some articles of mine which I regard as particularly good or useful:
  • I got to name-check Warren Zevon in a table-driven article about cyberpunk shopping centers in #21, which has a number of other good articles in it as well.
  • If you want semi-detailed information on agriculture, running or getting income from an agricultural settlement, and building a landscape based on subsistence patterns, get the first two Low Tech issues (33 and 52).
  • One of the best tricks Steven Marsh ever pulled was getting articles by me and Kromm on exactly the same topic (gunpowder in DF) coming from entirely different directions in #36.
  • I love table-driven works, like the history generator in #41.
  • Very happy to have been able to use polari in a brief historical, a history of "thieves guilds" (short version: they're fiction, but there are a number of historical models for organizing criminals) in #47.
  • The social engineering issue (#54) has a lot of good work by a lot of people, including my longest-ever-in-the-slush-pile article.
  • At some point, I'd very much like to revisit the "monsters as PCs" concept in #72.
  • As a long-time Paranoia GM, I take comedy seriously. I like to think I was able to provide useful advice in #101.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote