View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #903
TGLS

Default Re: Catalog of the Weird Parallels

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Well, the I-Cops do have precogs on staff, so they have to be good for something. An outbreak of a sex changing psionic producing plague should set off the alarm bells in a precog pretty quickly. Of course, the real problem is when an infected person escapes beyond Q5. Imagine what Centrum or Reich-5 would do with it?
Infinity is aware of about 4,050* worlds from Quantum 3-7. With 4,000 worlds to keep their eyes on, half threatened by Centrum and a sixth in Quantum 3, where a myriad of threats abound, does Infinity Patrol (who number at 60,000 in total) really have enough Psis to keep tabs on low probability events that take a month to occur?

Quote:
Imagine what Centrum or Reich-5 would do with it?
Centrum? Either they see it as something that causes too much social turmoil to be useful, or valuable enough to ignore the social turmoil. The Nazis are mad enough to try anything; or slaughter their own to stop the spread of disease.

Quote:
Another question would be what happens when the Cabal finds out about it? A entire world of gifted people, with a sexual transmitted disease that gives people psionic powers, sounds like a treat that the Cabal could not resist.
Or not. There are two things I'm fairly sure about the Cabal. Different lodges have differing opinions on different sources of power, from obsession to hatred. The other thing is that the Cabal hates anyone else having the same edge as them. Lodges that don't like psi are either going to tinker with making it spawn anti-psi. Others may be thinking ideologically. Others might want to stamp it out simply because they fear there will be to many psis going around.

Quote:
Of course, if it is a no mana world, the Cabal would have difficulty accessing it, but I am sure that the Cabal possesses a few black market conveyors to allow it to access no mana worlds.
I'm sure some Cabal lodges have access to mana enhancers.

*There are about 300 echoes on Quantum 6. Going by the tables from IW82, that implies 1,350 worlds on Quantum 6, 675 on Quantums 3-5 and 7, and 4,050 on Quantums 3-7.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote