View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #269
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

That's right...

*reviews log 282 at https://dicelog.com/joinlogdice *

Your kick is en-route to connect with the torso (ie chest) I must choose my defense.

As we discussed previously, since you forgot to apply the -2 for kicking technique (which means you rolled assuming you had skill 15, when it should've been 13), I'm going to consider this semi-telegraphed (+2 to hit) and give a +1 to defense, rather than charge you 2 AP for a Committed Attack (which is the only other way I could explain your skill getting a +2) because that would be harsh.

The throwing of this kick reduces your AP by 1... this seems to be where we last discussed your AP, so I think you were at 8/10 and then spent 2 reducing yourself http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...t=224] to 6 AP so now you're down to 5/12?

Quote:
will either have to run past red (go ahead, show your back) or burn a lot of energy stopping.
I'm going to postpone thinking about this dilemma for the moment because I should probably resolve whether or not I defend against this attack before resolving where I move after it!

I was down to 9/12 AP last I think... so an active defense attempt will reduce me to 8/12 AP.

Since I just attacked with my good hand, I think I'm forbidden from using that good hand to parry, so it seems like a dodge is my only option?

If I were houseruling, I would say something like M+A should only ban retreatish things in the direction opposite you were moving, so retreating backward (or even sideways, that's backwardish!) should be off limits if you just ran forward, but slips/drops would be fine, whereas if M+A was done backward/sideways, then you shouldn't be able to slip forward as your retreat, only backward/sideways (and of course dropping is always fine)

But RAW, I think slips/sideslips still count as retreat variants and should be off limits... so I won't force the issue without your consent...

It seems like if I'm not decelerating then slipping is basically what I'd be doing automatically anyway...

You know, I'll just roll the dodge without the +1, up to you on what to do if it's MoF 1.

Trying to figure out where I was... my base dodge is normally 9, but due to being at 9/12 FP, I suffer a -1 HT -1 DX penalty which reduced my Basic Speed enough that Dodge is 8...

+1 One Foe... I guess I could get another +2 by using Feverish Defense (AP from 8/12 to 6/12) so that I can roll against 11.... Not going to bother with Acrobatic since that's bound to fail. I'm not forgetting any other possible bonuses am I?

I rolled an 8! Success!

I didn't need to use Feverish at all... AP waste fail.

*EDIT: actually a DOUBLE fail for me, since I forgot to incorporate that proposed +1 semi-telegraphed bonus to my defense anyway, meaning I should've rolled against a 12, or a 10 without feverish, which might've been appealing enough not to waste the AP. OH WELL.

Um... so Arthur Green just ran at Zack Red and tried to punch him in the leg, Zack dodged and threw a kick at Arthur's chest and Arthur dodged... but Arthur still has forward momentum which if he doesn't voluntarily decelerate, will continue to carry him forward, forcing an automatic Quick Contest of evasion...

...which I don't want to pay for, since I don't actually want to get behind you and expose my spine to a back-kick... I'd actually rather you just get in my way and slow me down with your body. If you chose to voluntarily move out of my way, that would be a bad thing for me! Then I'd either have to spend AP to decelerate or let momentum carry me past you (lacking the AP to change my facing) and get spine-kicked.

Yeah I'm still stuck, but at least we've resolved that I dodged your kick? Ideas?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote