View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 10:13 AM   #4
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Create a magical item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppio View Post
My question is related to the Character Assistant software, not to the GURPS system itself.
I've tried several ways with no luck :(
In that case you asked in the wrong forum (there's a forum dedicated to GCA), but the right person answered.

To add an Enchantement to a weapon you do so by adding them as a Modifier. Simply add a weapon to the character, then click the Modifiers button for it. In the Modifiers window all of the Enchantments are listed at the end of the list, using a ~ tilde prepended to their name to move them to the end alphabetically (so Pusissance will be listed a ~Puissance). Simply add the appropriate Modifers and GCA calculates the cost based on the default Enchantment costs.

For the DX boost you still did not answer my question about WHICH rules system you want to use to build it. The default Magic system doesn't allow magic items to give attribute boosts. To build it like a gadget simply take the Extra DX advantage and add Modifers to it as appropriate, specifically the Gadget and Mana Sensitive ones I mentioned previously. Or, simply, give it the "Free" modifier to make the cost 0.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote