View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 PM   #55
naloth

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
2) Taking a page out of Martial Arts, I consolidated his Billy Clubs skills under Karate (which also reduced many combat skills).
3) Got rid of Ambidexterity. Is Off-Hand Weapon Training still required if Billy Clubs are used with Karate?
4) Boosted Parbolic Hearing and changed the power modifier to Super -10% on all senses
5) Added a 2 Billy Clubs including the ability to swing at Move 12 (roughly 40km/h)
6) I consolidated his Disadvantages but not as much as I thought I would. Some work might still be needed here.
7) Reduced the frequency of appearance of the dependents and added his enemies
2) Seems close enough to tonfa, which IIRC was allowed in MA. You might have to add a skill adaptation perk to make it legal. Did I miss the technique DWA in his write up?

Also, I wouldn't take the clubs as signature gear, but I would pay for the "climbing line" perk from Supers. There are also some rules about swinging for a perk if you have the right skills.

3) Yes.

6) yes, looking better. I would still consolidate a bit more, though.

7) You can do it this way, but dependents and enemies that show up complicate any adventure on top of what you're already having to deal with. With four 6- rolls that's about a 40% overall chance one of those will occur per adventure.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote