View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #23
A Ladder

Default Re: The Future of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
So we'll need people who are just as experienced at writing as me (i.e., 20+ years) and about as familiar with GURPS as me (closer to 30+ years) delivering copy that's no harder to edit than mine, but stronger with adventure kung fu – even if its rules kung fu isn't as good. Unfortunately, most of the people asking to write adventures are gamers who've never written for pay and who want to sell things they used in their campaigns. I admire their enthusiasm, but (1) they're not writers, so they're heavy edits, and (2) they tend to assume that everybody games like they do. The result is content that gets very expensive very quickly, because it needs so much reworking.
Reason (1) is definitely a big reason why I haven't even tried to submit a proposal. I suck at trying to get my thoughts onto paper.

A second reason is time. On average I'm doing an hour or so of prep, spread over the week, before gaming for my group and handling anything that crops up in a free wheeling, improvised manner. I don't have the time to write an adventure that's slowly forming in my head down into a document on the side.

I wonder if Matt Rigsby or the other writers are willing to do an informal Writing for SJGames 101 to help get past reasons (1) and (2) and be familiar with the WYSIWYG template.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Gotta be fast to escape the propaganda machine of Viking swiftness
A Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote